UTN Web Video
Building upon UTN’s existing robust secure infrastructure and purchased with State of Utah funds is the introduction of a new videoconferencing platform.
Goals for the new platform
- Easy to use and available on mobile devices
- Compatible with existing videoconferencing technology
Easy to use
- Account holders send an invitation link via email, text, or other communications option.
- Recipients click on the link to enter a session.
Fully interoperable – seamless across all systems
- Works in browsers by utilizing WebRTC; no download required. Best on Chrome or Firefox.
- Free app for apple and android phones & tablets
- Compatible with legacy standards-based & SIP-based videoconferencing systems
- Encrypted connections; optional use of PINs or passwords for end users
- Data reside within HIPAA compliant infrastructure utilizing intrusion, detection & prevention (IDP), vulnerability management and redundant servers managed & monitored 24/7
- Adapts to customer’s needs from personal video to small meetings to large conferences
- Unlimited number of conference spaces for account holders
- Suitable for a variety of use cases: direct patient care, care coordination, staff meetings, training & education; connect to individuals, homes, health care facilities, schools and other locations.
- Available to health care providers, large and small
- Does not have calendaring or “EHR-light” tools to avoid duplication of health care provider’s existing systems, preventing the need for double entry of data and schedules.
- Customer branding opportunity
- Option for single sign-on by integrating with organization’s Active Directory/LDAP systems
Decentralized model, Centralized support
- Account holders set up and manage their own conference spaces and participant invitations
- Backed up by UTN’s 24/7 customer support
- Telehealth development, training, and supported event management also available as requested.