What is the UTN Network?
- Utah Telehealth Network (UTN) operates a secure, reliable, and affordable network connecting hospitals, clinics, and health departments across the state.
- UTN contracts with multiple telecommunication service providers in local communities to provide fiber or microwave services to participating healthcare facilities. Every facility on the network is connected with a minimum connection speed of 1 Gbps.
- UTN operates as a consortium in the FCC’s Rural healthcare (RHC) healthcare Connect Fund (HCF) program, which provides significant discounts on telecommunication services for eligible rural healthcare facilities, making connectivity much more affordable.
- The HCF program provides a 65% discount on all one-time and ongoing telecommunications costs. UTN has been using this program for new and existing sites since 2016.
Why should I join the network?
UTN membership includes the following benefits:
- Becoming part of the consortium makes you eligible for large discounts on your telecommunications costs through the FCC Rural healthcare programs
- 24/7/365 network operations center monitoring and support
- Managed Security Services, including:
- Firewall Management
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) setup and management
- Secure Endpoint malware/anti-virus protection software
- Web filtering
- Weekly vulnerability scanning and reporting plus weekly office hours.
- Two free Webex accounts per site (for admin purposes)
- Access to the Hatch Telemedicine Platform for direct-to-patient virtual visits
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform
- Rubrik cloud-hosted backup platform
- Access to IT training and education